Thursday, November 27, 2014

Talking of His Mighty Power!

Psalm 145 tells us to talk of the power of God, to make known His mighty acts…so I would like to do that—tell of His power working in my life. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony and we love not our lives unto death (Rev. 12:11) and who doesn’t want to overcome? I initially posted this testimony a few weeks ago on Facebook and am sharing again here.

For a number of years I have had problems in my right shoulder and I would seem to overcome it, only to have it return.  About two years ago it became uncomfortable to raise my hand up to do my hair, lift my hands in worship, or do anything really, that required me to lift or extend that arm, nor I could I lift anything with any weight without using the other hand to assist.

A few days ago, I made coffee and went about the morning. Later in the day I realized I had complete free motion in my arm and I tested it … up and down and around, no pain. I had been getting progressively better over the past months and  weeks, but as I was “testing” my arm I was reminded of making coffee that morning…I had filled the water reservoir with my right hand, only the right hand; I didn’t “help” lift it with my left. Today I tested it again, lifting the full coffee pot with one hand to fill the reservoir. Hallelujah!

It wasn’t an instant healing, it took days and weeks and months—determining to see God manifest his power on my behalf. A number of family members have had rotator cuff surgery and I so wanted to believe God to be healed, to prove His word in my life, to prove to myself that I could believe this gospel. God’s word says that He is the same yesterday, today and forever and the same power that worked in the days of Jesus and the apostles is available for us today, if only we can believe. I would pray verse 4 and 5 in Isaiah 53 over and over and over. Isaiah 52:13-15 and Isaiah 53 is a prophecy of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus and verse 4 in chapter 53 tells us “he bore our griefs and carried our sorrows” (young’s literal translation: “our sicknesses he hath born. And our pains he hath carried them”) and in verse 5 it tells us, “with his stripes we are healed.” Peter said in 1 Peter 2: “by whose stripes ye WERE healed.” I would remind the Father of Psalm 22, “You know Jesus had every bone out of joint, your word says they looked and stared upon Him and you healed all His joints, you put all those bones back in place when you raised him from the dead." This is how I would pray.

Paul tells us in Romans 1 that the gospel is the power of God unto our salvation, to all who will believe. He said he wasn’t ashamed to believe the gospel (he wasn’t ashamed to trust it, to rely on it), and 1 Corinthans 15 defines what the gospel is: the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That word power means “ability”…the ability of God. Salvation not only means we spend eternity in heaven but it includes so much more; it means to be saved, set at safety, to be made sound, delivered from every hindering influence. Salvation would be money to pay the rent, healing in your body, a job, healing in a relationship, just fill in the blank; salvation was my shoulder healed…the Father and the Lord Jesus want us to live victorious on this earth, to be the head not the tail, to be above the circumstances, not beneath them.

If you don’t know the Lord Jesus, you can! If you don’t have assurance where you will spend eternity, you can know! Read the verses in Romans 10:

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
 
9 That if thou shalt CONFESS WTTH THY MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
 
10  For with the HEART man believeth unto righteousness; and WITH THE MOUTH confession is made unto salvation.

Ask the Lord Jesus to come live in your heart and be Lord of your life, and He will! Today is the day of salvation, now is the acceptable time! I needed some salvation in my body and God provided that healing 2000 years ago when He raised Jesus from the dead. The Father provided for everything we would ever need from the moment we are born again until we meet Jesus in the air, through the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. He is no respecter of persons, it is available to every person who will dare to believe.

God Bless you!
Kathy

1 comment: