Thursday, November 20, 2014

No Pain!

My husband was a carpenter and general contractor and sometime in 1990 or 1991 he was injured at work.  After seeing the X-rays of his back, his physician told him he would need surgery. We had no medical insurance and when the physician learned that, he wasted little time in telling him he couldn’t help him and sent him to University Hospital where they would take cases without insurance and set payment according to a sliding scale. The surgeon, who examined him and reviewed his X-rays, told him he couldn’t help him either. He told him he would need to find another line of work and learn to manage the pain; we were somewhat discouraged.


My husband then contacted social services at the urging of others; once again he was told there was little they could do for him, at least until he had been unemployed for six months. I will tell you this now: that was the mercy of God because He had a better plan. He was going to reveal Himself to us in a way we could have never imagined.

My husband was home alone one day and told the Lord, “This cannot be your will!” and the Lord responded, “If you want to know my will, get a bible and read it.” My husband did just that. In much pain, he drove himself to town and bought a bible and began at the beginning. He read for days and weeks and God was revealing things to him and he saw that God’s power was available. During this time some friends of ours had met a man through business contacts and learned that this man prayed for people and they would be healed. They encouraged my husband that he needed to meet this man, maybe he could help him. Well my husband was willing to try it and there was some faith in his heart that God would do something for him. We met them and became acquainted and it wasn’t long before a meeting was arranged and we were on our way to this couple’s house for the man to pray for him.

I would like to interject right here that I didn’t believe anything, in fact I was afraid that if he wasn’t healed it would hurt his faith; at least that’s what I shared with someone—total unbelief on my part.

We arrived at their house and after a short period of conversation and reading some scriptures (I have no remembrance of what they were.) this man stood my husband up and prayed for him. It wasn’t a real long prayer and I remember little of what he said but I know he prayed in the name of Jesus. We went home and went to bed.

The next morning I had been up and about for awhile and as I walked into the living room, my husband had just gotten up and was standing there. He looked at me and said, “Kathy, I don’t have any pain,” I was stunned. He was weeping.

Two weeks later he had a roofing job and was on a roof, working.

My life was forever changed. God allowed me to see His power manifest right before my eyes. It was a complete work. There were a few times the devil would hit him with pain in his back and he would resist it, read and pray and be fine. I didn’t know at that time, that the gospel was the death burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus, but my husband was like the woman in Matthew who said about Jesus, “…if I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.”

If you have a need in your life, I encourage you to call upon the Lord. He is no respecter of persons, His power is available to “whosever will call upon the name of the Lord.”

God Bless you,
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Such a blessing to read!
    And a powerful testimony of the Power of God!
    Glad you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blessing to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing Testimony! First Landon's video, now this, wow, blessings galore! Thanks for sharing Kathy!

    ReplyDelete