Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Story of Jim Clark


John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 
 
“The Story of Jim Clark” is a story of redemption, of forgiveness, of mercy and grace. It is a testament of the love of God for His people.

I encourage you to not only read the written version, but also watch the video, as Doyle Davidson shares what God did for Jim Clark.

God will do the same for anyone, no matter the circumstances or the situation one may find themselves in, it is never too late--as long as there is breath we can call on the name of Jesus and be saved.

Romans 10:13

For whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God Bless, Kathy

The Story of Jim Clark

Jim Clark was one of our piano players and had been for about four years. Jim was a well-known and liked manager of Mervyn’s department store. He had talked to me sometime before about his homosexual problems. In late October Jim asked to talk with me after bible school was over. He and I sat down on the ledge of the northeast corner of building. Jim talked to me about his sin. He said, “Doyle, no place has ever been able to help me and if there is any help it’s got to come through you.” He continued, “If God doesn’t deliver me I’m going back to San Francisco and I’ll certainly go to hell.” I prayed for the Lord to intervene into Jim’s life. That Friday he was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with AIDS. He never had a chance to sin again. He was in the hospital for about a week to ten days and I visited him every day. The last day I was in his room he couldn’t talk, but he pointed to a tablet and I handed it to him with a pen. He wrote, “I am not afraid, I am ready to go home.” That night he passed away.
 

Video courtesy  of Water of Life Ministries/Misty Reece

People came from New York, California, and Florida to Jim’s funeral. His family came from Illinois. His father asked me, “Did he make a full confession?” I replied, “Yes, sir!” I was asked to do his funeral of course, but God was most certainly dealing with my heart. I asked God, “What am I going to say?” He answered, “Tell them where he’s at! “Well," I asked, "where is he?” God said, “Turn to Hebrews 12 and I’ll show you.”

And I did, Hebrews 12: 22,23

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.


I stepped up to the pulpit. The sanctuary was full of sad faces, many were standing along the walls, slumped down, looking dejected. I began sharing how Jim Clark had a sin that he couldn’t overcome, and I spoke what he had told me before he went to the hospital and how God forgave him and set him free and shared the last words that he had written to me. As I continued to speak those people in that sanctuary began to sit up and look at me. The looks on their faces became pleasant and pleased.

Afterward the district manager of Mervyns came up to me and said, “Pastor, many of us came here today with heavy hearts, and your words comforted us and made us very happy to know where Jim Clark is.” This was probably one of the most difficult sermons that I had to deliver because of all the demonic activity that was in this sanctuary but as I spoke those satanic forces began to recede.
It turned out to be one of the most joyful messages I have ever delivered. I thank God for his word that his mercy would never depart from this house because I had obeyed him because I know where Jim Clark is at; he is with the Lord

(As written by Doyle Davidson/Water of Life Ministries)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment