Friday, May 29, 2015

Praying the Psalms

One morning recently, I went out to feed the dog and she is usually waiting for me at the door, excited to greet me and get some loves and then races me to her pan, waiting for her breakfast. This particular morning she wasn’t waiting at the door and when I called her she came walking from the front of the house, with no enthusiasm. She looked at her food and walked away. Well, that’s not a good way to start the day.

You know Jesus said, “Go into all the ...world and preach the gospel to every creature” and I did that, petting her and saying, “Jesus died for our sins, according to the scripture, He was buried and He rose again the third day.” (That is the gospel and you can find that in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Later that morning, I took my bible outside and purposed in my heart I was going to read the Psalms to her. We have been taught since I’ve been with Water of Life Ministries to pray the Psalms out loud, they are anointed prayers and they worked for David and the others, they will work for us if we will pray them, believing. They will minister faith to our heart.

I sat out on the patio and Miss Harley came and lay at my feet, still acting pretty lack-lustre. I petted her and said, “Jesus died, He was buried and He rose again the third day for our salvation.” I read probably about four Psalms before she got up and walked to her pan and started eating. Thank God! I kept reading for some time. The next morning she was her usual exuberant self, greeting me at the door and racing me to her pan, ready for breakfast.

Those of us with this ministry have been praying the Psalms out loud for a few months, every Monday and Friday for an hour, between 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM MT. We will be praying them this evening. Consider joining us, reading as many as you can; if you can only read five, or ten that's ok, start there. It will minister faith to your heart.

God Bless,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment