Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Testimony of God's Grace

Water of Life Church will begin airing on LeSEA World Harvest Television on Dish Network (Channel 217) and Direct TV (Channel 367) this Sunday, May 3, 2015.

I would like to share a little about how God has worked in my life through this ministry. I have been on staff with Water of Life Ministries since January 2008 but we began listening to them in the early ‘90s when my husband came across them on TV. At that time we received LeSEA Broadcasting on Fox 31 via our roof mounted TV antenna. It was my husband who began to listen regularly, I had little interest.  Later that changed and I became somewhat more receptive as the gospel that was being ministered worked on my hard heart. Before then I had never heard that the gospel was the power of God and that the gospel is defined in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

In 2003 and 2004, God led Doyle Davidson, President and founder of the ministry, and a team of six others to travel to every state on the mainland to pray, and in a number of states they conducted a meeting, including Colorado.  They came to Byers in September 2003 and held a meeting at the Byers Firehouse; there were maybe twenty people present, including Doyle and his prayer team.

Four months later, following the meeting in Byers, God took my husband to heaven.  Doyle was in touch with me in those first few hours, and two days after the funeral he called and during the conversation he asked, “What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know…I just have to believe God will provide what we need,” was my response.

He said, “He will.”

I was a little “shell-shocked” in those first few weeks, but I don’t remember ever being without hope. There was nothing to do but trust God.

God did supply. Within a week I had a paint job and that was the beginning of my painting business. God gave me my own painting business and I painted houses, interior and exterior, along with staining and finishing woodwork and any other odd job that I was capable of doing. I kept busy, and through that business God provided. During this time I had very little contact with the ministry but I kept up with the weekly programs. In May 2006, I received a phone call from Doyle one evening and he asked me, “How are your finances?”

“Well, I’m doing ok, keeping up with the monthly bills, but not making much of a dent in my debt load.”

“Well, I believe this is God and He’s going to deliver you.” He told me to get my bible and turn to James 1 and he read verse 27:

Pure religion, and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

When I hung up the phone I wept. I had been praying, talking to the Lord about what His word said and I was believing as much as I knew how to at the time—expecting, expecting God to do something. I won’t for a minute tell you I had great faith or believed much at all, but God is a God of mercy and if we will just try to believe, He will meet us where we are at. At that time I had a pickup payment, medical bills that had accumulated with my husband’s health issues, and we owed a large amount of money to the IRS for taxes from prior years. I didn’t believe it was right to file bankruptcy, or leave my husband’s medical bills unpaid.

God moved on the hearts of His people and they came and laid what they had “…at the apostle’s feet for his distribution…” just like in the book of Acts and within two weeks God delivered me out of debt and also supplied my son with a vehicle to drive. Doyle flew me to Texas a few weeks later to spend a week with the ministry and I later traveled there as the Spirit of God would direct. I continued to paint and eighteen months later, went on staff. I currently do research, writing and publishing for the ministry.

Jesus said in Mark 16:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
 
And this is the gospel:

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I have witnessed and experienced the same miracles that are written in the book of Acts, through this ministry.

Hebrews 13:

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

God Bless you,
Kathy

1 comment: