Friday, December 12, 2014

Jesus Satisfies the Longing Soul

The Lord has been reminding me of things from years ago and it has been an encouragement to my heart. It is good to be reminded of where we came from, of what the Lord has brought us through even when we weren't considering God at all.

Many years ago I was in desperate situation and I came to the place I believed if I didn't make some changes things could be tragic. I did make a change and it brought some relief but the situation wasn't completely resolved. Months later I was at a crossroad and I didn't know what to do; I didn't know how to go forward; I didn't know what was right, and no one could help me to know what was right. I knew little about the Lord Jesus, let alone have a personal relationship with Him or the Father, but I know now, the Lord put a prayer in my heart and about 11:00 one night I said to God:


"I don't know what to do, I need you to help me."

 A simple prayer, and with it came some peace; I went to bed and slept. The next morning I did what was in my heart: I went to see an individual and told them what I had decided; it was wrenching, but in retrospect it was like someone else took over and there was no debate, no argument, it was done. Well, someone else did take over; I didn't know it at the time, but it was the Spirit of God, and everything and everyone had to bow.

I asked God to intervene in my life that night I prayed, and He did.  Did I begin obeying God that day? No, I did not. I went on doing pretty much my own thing for a number of years. But I was like the woman at the well in John 4 and one day Jesus showed up and my life has not been the same.

 I didn't know that there was an emptiness in my soul that I was trying to fill up with things, or relationships, or maybe the next fun thing. I didn't know that only the Lord Jesus can satisfy the longing soul.

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness."  (Psalm 107:9)

But God had given me that prayer, it remained active and I can look back over my life and see He was bringing me to a place of surrendering to His will. It has been an ongoing process, the Lord filling up all the empty places, ministering peace that only comes through knowing the Lord and trusting in what the Father did for us when He sent His Son to die and be buried and raised again the third day for us, that we might have life, everlasting life and have it more abundantly. And that IS the gospel as it's defined, in 1 Corinthians 15:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:


The word tells us in Romans 10:

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Do you see that? If you'll believe the gospel in your heart, that Jesus was raised from the dead and confess him Lord, you'll be saved! That's how we become born again! And if you read a little further down in Romans 10, verse 13 says:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Salvation is whatever you need, from the time we are born again until we meet Jesus in the air. It doesn't matter where you are, what you have done, if you need help call on Jesus, call on the Lord...He will come and help you, He will SAVE you!

God Bless you!











3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this testimony. The simplicity of trusting in Him is His desire for us. Thank you for blessing me today with this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simplicity of the Gospel! We just have to ask... and receive! ❤️. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete